Sunday, February 24, 2013

Nugget



Pippa was sick last week so I took her to the vet.  On the window ledge in the vet's consulting room I saw a soft sculpture of a sleepy cat - which motivated me to try one of my own.  Here he is.......I think of this as a work-in-progress as I'm sure with each attempt the pattern will improve.

Made from black mohair and white Sassy longpile velvet . The inner ears are pink Ultrasuede.  His face and muzzle are have been needlesculpted and hand-shaded.  Nose is black plastic and the eyes hand embroidered.     

Nugget is unjointed and can't move.  His embroidered eyes don't open......he's sleeping remember!

Nugget is 6cms long


 
Nugget is very tired.  He sleeps all day long curled up in a tight little ball.


Sometimes he sleeps in boxes ...or lids of boxes

               
 
A really tired little fella.
 

                                          
                                           He sleeps with Pippa



he sleeps with Lily

loves mum's Ugg boot

                                      
                        happily curled up in a warm palm....or a shoe                         
                                                         


                              in fact he just sleeps any and every where!









I would love you to leave a comment.